Core Bus Corridor - Public Consultation
How to take part in the public consultation
The plans that we are publishing are proposals, no final decision has been made on these matters in advance of the public consultation. We welcome all of your views.
Where you do not like a proposal, please consider suggesting an alternative solution or other option for consideration. But do bear in mind that bus transport is, and will continue to be, the main form of public transport for most areas of the Dublin region and an alternative of providing an underground rail system is simply not a viable option for most parts of Dublin.
Public Consultation Phases
The public consultation for the sixteen core bus corridors is taking place on a phased basis and will run until May 2019.
- Phase 1: The public consultation for the phase 1 Core Bus Corridors is now closed. *
- The phase 1 corridors are: Clongriffin to City Centre; Swords to City Centre; Blanchardstown to City Centre and Lucan to City Centre.
- Phase 2: The public consultation for the phase 2 Core Bus Corridors is on going and further to requests the closing date has been extended to the 30th of April.
- The phase 2 corridors are: Liffey Valley to City Centre, Clondalkin to Drimnagh, Greenhills to City Centre, Tallaght to Terenure, Kimmage to City Centre, Rathfarnham to City Centre.
- Phase 3: The public consultation for the phase 3 corridors launched on the 26th of February 2019 and further to requests the closing date has been extended to the 31st of May 2019.
- The Phase 3 Core Bus Corridors are; Ballymun to City Centre, Finglas to Phibsborough, Bray to City Centre, UCD Ballsbridge to City Centre, Blackrock to Merrion and Ringsend to City Centre. *Comments relating to the Blanchardstown to City Centre corridor can be submitted as part of Ballymun to City Centre submissions.
Details of the proposals and the emerging preferred routes for phases 1, 2 and 3 are available in the information brochures at the following link
Public Consultation Information Events for phase 3 corridors:
- Bray to City Centre Corridor, Talbot Hotel Stillorgan (Park Hotel), Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, A94 V6K5, on Tuesday 26th March from 15:00 – 20:00.
- UCD Ballsbridge to City Centre & Blackrock to Merrion Corridors, Clayton Burlington Hotel, Leeson Street Upper, D04 A318 on Wednesday 27th March from 15:00 – 20:00
- Ringsend to City Centre Corridor, The Convention Centre, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, North Wall, Dublin 1, D01 T1W6 on Monday 1st April from 15:00 – 20:00.
- Ballymun to City Centre & Finglas to Phibsborough Corridors, Ballymun Axis Arts Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9, D09 Y9W0, on Wednesday 3rd April from 15:00 - 20:00.
- All 6 phase 3 corridors, The Gresham Hotel, Upper O'Connell Street, on Wednesday 24th April from 14:00 - 20:00.
- Ballymun to City Centre & Finglas to Phibsborough Corridors, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Finglas Road, Dublin 1, on Wednesday 1st May from 15:00 to 20:00.
Potentially impacted lands
If your property is potentially impacted by the proposals, a letter will have been hand delivered to the property and details of how to engage with the NTA are detailed in that letter. A dedicated property liaison representative will be available to meet with individual property owners and provide regular updates on the project.
General queries can be directed to the Freephone – 1800 303 653 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Core Bus Corridor project page
for more information.
How to engage
We are inviting submissions in relation to the proposals set out in the Core Bus Corridor Public consultation documents for the phase 2 & 3 corridors
Written submissions and observations may be made by:
Submit by completing this online form
Post:Core Bus Corridor Project
National Transport Authority