Statutory Planning Application website for the Belfield / Blackrock to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme
The NTA submitted the Belfield / Blackrock to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme statutory application documentation to An Bord Pleanála as the second Scheme for approval. The appropriate assessment screening and determination reports are available to download below.
For information, the key changes to the scheme since the 3rd round of non-statutory public consultation in November 2020 are summarised below;
- The Scheme is extended to include signalised junction of Nutley Lane and R138 Stillorgan Road;
- A proposed ‘cul-de-sac’ at George’s Avenue (south) to motorised vehicles, allowing only authorised vehicles (such as emergency and refuse vehicles) to pass through;
- The introduction of a new accessible ramp from the Macartney (Baggot) Bridge footpath to the existing walkway alongside the Grand Canal;
- Offline traffic management strategy prepared to offset diversions due to online measures;
- A number of junction, crossing and parking modifications including additional disabled spaces;
- Layouts of all bus stops enhanced and some bus stop locations and layouts have been optimised to allow better connectivity for bus passengers;
- Landscaping updated throughout; and
- Cycle facilities optimised throughout including improvements to tie-ins on side roads.
Feedback on the whole scheme, including the changes above, can be made as part of the submission process to An Bord Pleanála during the formal public consultation phase, which commenced in May 2022 and was advertised publicly. More information on the Belfield / Blackrock to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme is available on the statutory planning application website at the following link Statutory Planning Application website for the Belfield / Blackrock to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme.