The NTA submitted the Statutory Planning Application for the Blanchardstown to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme to An Bord Pleanála in June 2022, due to an administrative error a further period of time for inspection, purchase of documents and for the making of submissions/observations for the scheme was provided from 8th September 2022 to 3rd November 2022. The formal statutory public consultation period for this scheme is now finished.
The NTA submitted the Clongriffin to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme statutory application documentation to An Bord Pleanála in April 2022 as the first Scheme for approval. The formal statutory public consultation period for this scheme is now finished.
The appropriate assessment screening and determination reports are available to download below.
Key changes to the scheme since the third round of non-statutory public consultation in November 2020 are as follows;
- The N3 on-slip from Old Navan Road at Corduff modified to include a left turn filter lane;
- A Bus Driver Welfare Facility introduced along Blanchardstown Road South;
- Two bus stops and associated pedestrian ramps to the north of N3 Navan Road have been relocated to west of Mill Road;
- The Ashtown Road roundabout has been amended to a four arm signalised junction;
- A number of Junction, Crossing and Parking Modifications introduced;
- The previously proposed two-way cycle track on Brunswick Street North has been amended to two one-way cycle tracks;
- The previously proposed two-way cycle track relocated to east side of Queen Street, with a reduction to one traffic lane from Blackhall Street to the Quays;
- Offline traffic management strategy prepared to offset diversions due to online measures
- Landscaping updated throughout; and
- Cycle facilities have been further optimised.
More information on the Blanchardstown to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme is available on the statutory planning application website at the following link Statutory Planning Application website for the Blanchardstown to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme.