BusConnects is a programme of public transport investment in Ireland’s major urban centres. It is developed and managed by the National Transport Authority (NTA), and funded by Project Ireland 2040.
BusConnects includes many elements:
- Redesigning the bus network
- Building new bus corridors and cycle lanes
- Implementing a state of the art ticketing system
- Implementing a cashless payment system
- Simpler fare structure
- New bus livery
- New bus stops and shelters
- New Park & Ride sites in key locations
- Transitioning to a new zero emissions bus fleet
Some of these elements are already underway in Galway.